Best Keto Oreo Cookies
“These gluten free and keto oreo cookies are the absolute bomb! Just like the original!” Best Keto Oreo Cookies – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 80 g (3/4 cup) almond flour
- 32 g (1/4 cup) coconut flour
- 120 g (1 cup) of Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 6 g (1 tsp) salt
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) baking powder (gluten free, corn free)
- 12 g (1 tbsp) Glucomannan powder
- 70 g (6 tbsp) Lakanto sweetener with monk fruit- ground to confectionery powder
- 215 g (7.5 fl oz) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 90 g (3 fl oz) unsalted butter
- 42 g (3 tbsp) palm shortening
- 90 g (1/2 cup) Lakanto sweetener with monk fruit- ground to confectionary powder
- 4.2 g (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 5 g (1 tsp) mint extract (not in the macro chart)
- Green gel food color (not in the macro chart)
- Preheat oven to 175 C or 350 F
- Into a medium sized bowl, sift together the cocoa powder, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, glucomannan and salt. Stir after sifting to combine the dry ingredients
- In a second bowl or your stand mixer bowl combine the room temperature butter and the sweetener and begin whipping slowly. When combined, whip at high speed until butter is pale yellow. Occasionally stop and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl
- Reduce the speed and add one egg at a time while whipping to integrate. Add your second egg and whip until the egg and butter mixture are combined
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add one heaping spoonful of the sifted cocoa mix, one heaping tablespoon at a time, allowing for the cocoa to be mixed with the egg mixture before adding the next spoonful. Repeat until you have added all the cocoa mix
- Stop and scrape the bowl and then increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for a couple of minutes
- Use one of 3 methods to make the cookies. SEE THE FYI for a detailed description of each of the 3 methods
- Place the cookies onto either a parchment lined baking sheet or, if using a silicon mat, slide onto your baking sheet. Bake in the middle rack of your preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes, until the perimeter looks darker and the cookies ‘smell’ done
- When the cookies are done, carefully remove from oven and place on cooling rack and cool until the cookies are completely cooled and have hardened
- In a mixer bowl, combine the room temperature palm shortening and room temperature butter. Whip at high speed until the butter is very pale, about 5 minutes
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add the sweetener. Whip until blended
- White vanilla cream version: just add the vanilla extract and blend
- The green mint version: add the mint extract and OPTIONAL gel food color, amount will depend on your brand of food color, adjust to your desired color intensity. Whip until there are no color streaks
- Place the cookie cream into a piping bag or small baggie. Cut a small opening and squeeze the cream, starting in the center, until about half of one cookie has cream on it.
- Place a second cookie on top and press gently until the cream reaches the perimeter but does not go over. Repeat with the remaining cookies you want to serve
- Refrigerate for half an hour to allow cream to harden.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 123 calories; 12.2 g fat; 1.8 g carbohydrates; 1.8 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Ulyana Korneeva