Chicken Noodle Soup
“This soul-warming soup is deliciously simple — just chicken and noodles. What makes it so good is the homemade roasted chicken stock.” Chef John’s Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons melted chicken fat
- 2 quarts roasted chicken broth
- 4 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cooked boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Stir in carrot, onion, celery, salt, and fresh thyme.
- Stir in chicken fat; cook and stir until the onions turn soft and translucent, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in roasted chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Season to taste with salt, if necessary; stir in egg noodles and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked chicken breast meat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 149 calories; 6.7 g fat; 11.8 g carbohydrates; 9.5 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 1000 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Chef John, Photo Credit: Giustina Miller (flickr)