“Spinach salad with blue cheese, walnuts, and dried cranberries. If you can’t find walnut oil, olive oil may be substituted.” Harvest Salad – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red raspberry jam (with seeds)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until nuts begin to brown.
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, walnuts, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, walnut oil, pepper, and salt.
- Pour over the salad just before serving, and toss to coat.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 338 calories; 27.1 g fat; 22.1 g carbohydrates; 6.7 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 207 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Tiffany, Photo Credit: Molly Elliott (flickr)