“Spinach salad with blue cheese, walnuts, and dried cranberries. If you can’t find walnut oil, olive oil may be substituted.” Harvest Salad – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red raspberry jam (with seeds)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until nuts begin to brown.
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, walnuts, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, walnut oil, pepper, and salt.
- Pour over the salad just before serving, and toss to coat.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 338 calories; 27.1 g fat; 22.1 g carbohydrates; 6.7 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 207 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Tiffany, Photo Credit: Molly Elliott (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.