Italian Sausage Soup
“A hearty winter favorite.” Italian Sausage Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can great Northern beans, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups spinach – packed, rinsed and torn
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans with liquid and zucchini.
- Cover, and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat, and add spinach.
- Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves.
- Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 385 calories; 24.4 g fat; 22.5 g carbohydrates; 18.8 g protein; 58 mg cholesterol; 1259 mg sodium
Recipe by: SALLYJUN, Photo Credit: young_amyc (pixabay)