Keto Hazelnut Truffles
“An easy keto hazelnut truffles recipe made from sugar free milk chocolate, heavy cream, and toasted hazelnuts. Perfect for any low carb diet.” Keto Hazelnut Truffles – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2 bars Sukrin Milk Chocolate (80 g)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp hazelnut extract
- 2-3 drops vanilla
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spread the hazelnuts onto a small sheet pan. Toast the hazelnuts in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. When fragrant and toasted, remove and cover with a clean tea towel to steam for 5 minutes. Vigorously rub the hazelnuts together in the towel to remove the bitter skins. Let cool.
- Chop the chocolate bars into chocolate chip sized pieces and put into a microwaveable dish. Add the heavy cream and microwave for 50-70 seconds depending on your microwave. Let the chocolate sit for 3 minutes, then gently whisk until the chocolate is combined with the heavy cream. Add the vanilla and hazelnut flavoring. Refrigerate overnight.
- With a spoon, scoop 12 even portions from the truffle mixture and set on a plate that can go into the freezer. The milk chocolate ganache will be very sticky. I weighed my portions at 15 g each. Place the truffle portions into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Chop or crush the toasted hazelnuts. To crush, simply put into a plastic bag and gently hit with the flat portion of a meat mallet until crushed into small pieces. Remove the truffles from the freezer, roll into balls, then roll into the chopped hazelnuts. Keep refrigerated because these are a softer truffle.
- Makes 12.
Per Serving: 70 calories; 7 g fat; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)