Keto Matcha Roll Cake
“This dense, but delicate, matcha cake is filled with sweetened whipped cream. This dessert has spring flavor rolled up in each bite!” Keto Matcha Roll Cake – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 cup (3.5 ounces) packed almond flour
- ¼ cup psyllium husk powder
- ¼ cup (~1 ounce) matcha powder
- ½ cup Swerve confectioners
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine almond flour, psyllium husk powder, matcha powder, Swerve, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Sift the dry ingredients so that there are no clumps.
- In a separate bowl mix together the butter, eggs, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the try ingredients and mix together. The dough will be very thick.
- Spread the dough out into a large rectangle on top of some parchment paper. I like to use a second piece of parchment paper and a rolling pin to make the dough nice and flat.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F. The cake will puff up and become a bit springy. It may start to brown on the edges.
- Let the cake cool for a few minutes. While it is still warm, use the parchment paper to help roll it up. Go very slowly and be gentle because the cake is fragile. The roll does not need to be super tight. Let the cake continue to cool.
- To create the filling you must first put the 3-4 tablespoons of water in a bowl, then sprinkle the packet of gelatin over it. Allow gelatin to bloom for 5 minutes before placing in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Whisk together until it is smooth then pour into the bottom of a mixing bowl. Add the 2 teaspoons of vanilla and 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. Whip using a stand mixer or a hand mixer until the cream becomes stiff.
- Once the cake has cooled, slowly unroll it. Spread the whipped cream over it.
- Roll the cake back up, trying to make sure that there are no air pockets.
- Let the cake firm up in the freezer for about 10 minutes before slicing. Wipe the knife clean in between each slice.
Per Serving: 303 calories; 28.5 g fat; 4.2 g carbohydrates; 6.1 g protein; 143 mg cholesterol; 70 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: James L. (flickr)