“This is a pumpkin soup that is suited perfectly for the fall season. This delicious squash mixes together with the spices we know and love during this time of year – cinnamon, nutmeg, bay leaf -with floral notes from the coriander.” Keto Spiced Pumpkin Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, minced (recipe here)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large bay leaf
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons leftover bacon grease
- Brown butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once it’s dark golden in color, add onions, garlic, and ginger to the pan. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once onions are translucent, add spices and stir in well. Let this cook for 1-2 minutes, then add pumpkin and chicken broth into the pan. Stir in well.
- Bring to boil, then turn to low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, use immersion blender to puree everything smooth.
- Let simmer for an additional 20 minutes. In the mean time, cook 4 slices of bacon.
- Once the soup is done, add heavy cream and bacon grease and mix in well.
- Crumble bacon over the top and optionally add chopped parsley and 2 tbsp. sour cream.
Per Serving: 610 calories; 57.9 g fat; 7.7 g carbohydrates; 14.4 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 402 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Emily Man, Photo Credit: Lanae Miller (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.