Low Carb Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
“Need a new low-carb dessert? Try these healthy low carb chocolate zucchini cookies. They’re a delicious way to sneak in more veggies or use up garden produce.” Low Carb Chocolate Zucchini Cookies – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 cup zucchini grated or shredded
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspooon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter flavored coconut oil or ghee
- 1/2 cup golden low carb sweetener or raw honey for paleo
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips or dark chocolate pieces (optional)
- Grate or shred zucchini. Wrap in a towel and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Keep wrapped in towel to continue absorbing liquid.
- In small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In large glass mixing bowl, melt the coconut oil or ghee. Whisk in the sweetener.
- Then whisk in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Stir the zucchini into the sweetened mixture.
- Then stir in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate if using.
- Form dough into 1 tablespoon sized balls by rolling in hand. Flatten each ball out and top each with a few pieces of chocolate if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- Recipe makes approximately 2 dozen cookies with each serving being 2 cookies.
- When measuring the grated zucchini, it’s pressed down gently but not tightly compacted.
- We prefer using a mix of almond and coconut flours. However, all almond flour will likely work as well. For an all coconut flour cookies, other changes are needed.
- The chocolate chips can be replaced with chopped nuts if desired.
Per Serving: 140 calories; 13 g fat; 4.9 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Elenadesign