“Love the comfort of hot cereal on a cold morning but not the carbs? If so, this yummy oatmeal recipe is sure to become a winter favorite.” Low Carb Oatmeal Hot Cereal – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal chia could be used if don’t like flax
- 15 drops vanilla stevia drops
- 10 drops monk fruit liquid extract or 5 drops stevia
- Toast coconut flakes in medium pot over medium high heat until golden being careful not to burn.
- Stir in the almond milk (or coconut milk) and water.
- Cover and bring mixture to a boil.
- After the boiling point is reached, remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- For a thinner cereal, reduce or eliminate the flax meal or chia seeds.
Per Serving: 120 calories; 10 g fat; 7 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.