Old Fashioned Potato Salad
“This is potato salad the old-fashioned way, with eggs, celery and relish. It’s really good to serve with chili.” Old Fashioned Potato Salad – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 5 potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool, peel and chop.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise.
- Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 206 calories; 7.6 g fat; 30.5 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 72 mg cholesterol; 335 mg sodium.
Recipe by: jewellkay, Photo Credit: Leslie Green (flickr)