Adrienne’s Cucumber Salad
“Cool, delicious cucumber salad. For a pretty salad, peel only half of each cucumber, leaving strips of skin on each. Don’t make the vinegar solution first and then chop the cucumber because it’s important that the vinegar solution be hot to ensure proper flavoring.” Adrienne’s Cucumber Salad – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 4 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried dill, or to taste
- Toss together the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl.
- Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, and pour over the cucumber and onions.
- Stir in dill, cover, and refrigerate until cold.
- This can also be eaten at room temperature, but be sure to allow the cucumbers to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 99 calories; 0.2 g fat; 24.9 g carbohydrates; 1.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 4 mg sodium.
Recipe by: JSCHMAND, Photo Credit: Horosho Gromko (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.