“A lady I worked with brought this in one day, and it was a hit. Now it is the favorite of all my dinner guests. It’s great for a covered dish dinner too. I have made this also without the meat, and it is well received.” Baked Ziti – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 pound dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat.
- Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 578 calories; 25.3 g fat; 58.4 g carbohydrates; 27.9 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 914 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Colleen B. Smith, Photo Credit: sylvie szafranski (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.