Balsamic Chicken Salad
“My family enjoys these flavors in the Balsamic Chicken and Fresh Mozzarella recipe from this site. I turned it into a salad with great results.” Balsamic Chicken Salad – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, divided
- 8 chicken tenders
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced portobello mushroom caps
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
- Combine 1/3 bottle of balsamic vinaigrette dressing with the chicken tenders in a bowl.
- Toss together sliced mushrooms with 1/3 bottle of dressing in a separate bowl. Reserve the remaining 1/3 bottle.
- Allow the chicken tenders and mushrooms to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven’s broiler, and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Remove the chicken tenders and mushrooms from the marinade, and drain off the excess.
- Broil the chicken and mushrooms until the chicken is browned and cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the heat, and slice the chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces.
- To serve, divide the chopped romaine lettuce between four plates, and top each with broiled chicken and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle each plate with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and sliced basil leaves; serve with the remaining vinaigrette dressing.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 240 calories; 7.8 g fat; 10.3 g carbohydrates; 32.8 g protein; 81 mg cholesterol; 248 mg sodium.
Recipe by: sugarmagnolia_fl, Photo Credit: Anestiev (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.