“All kinds of good stuff on pita bread.” Breakfast Pita Pizza – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Cook and stir onion in the same skillet until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Heat olive oil in the skillet. Pour in eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until set, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place pita bread on lined baking sheet. Spread pesto over pita; top with bacon, scrambled eggs, tomato, mushrooms, and spinach. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over toppings.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese has melted, about 10 minutes. Serve garnished with avocado slices.
Trade the bacon for sausage or chicken for a light lunch.
Per Serving: 873 calories; 62.9 g fat; 43.5 g carbohydrates; 36.8 g protein; 426 mg cholesterol; 1135 mg sodium.
Recipe by: heathg, Photo Credit: 5988 Trillions de Tonnes (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.