Broccoli Cheese Soup
“This is a great, very flavorful soup. Good for serving at luncheons or special gatherings with a quiche. To make this soup a little fancier, add 1 cup sliced mushrooms and 1 cup white wine with the onions.” Broccoli Cheese Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (1 pound) loaf processed cheese food, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup wate
- In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook onion in butter until softened.
- Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth.
- Simmer until broccoli is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat, and stir in cheese cubes until melted.
- Mix in milk and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into water until dissolved.
- Stir into soup; cook, stirring frequently, until thick.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 265 calories; 18.2 g fat; 15.1 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 56 mg cholesterol; 1136 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Karin Christian, Photo Credit: Gary Lum (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.