“If you have a hard time getting children to eat broccoli, this recipe is for you.” Broccoli Cheese Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 pounds processed cheese food (eg. Velveeta), cubed
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, simmer the broccoli in the broth for 15 minutes.
- In a separate skillet over medium heat, melt the butter or margarine, add the onions and saute for 5 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
- Add the flour to the onions and stir well, forming a pasty substance.
- Gradually add the milk and stir until thick.
- Add this mixture to the broccoli mixture in the pot and stir well.
- Then add the cheese, stirring until melted. Finally, add the pepper.
- (Note: Be careful not to let the soup boil, or the cheese will break down.)
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 475 calories; 24.4 g fat; 33.8 g carbohydrates; 29.7 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 2001 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Melissa Morgan, Photo Credit: Jules (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.