Cheesy Chorizo Breakfast Bake
/ tags bake, breakfast, cheesy chorizo, recipes
“This Keto Cheesy Chorizo Breakfast Bake is one of my favorite lazy Sunday morning breakfasts. I love to whip this up on a weekend morning and then have it for breakfast all throughout the week. It is so good topped with sour cream and green onions.” Cheesy Chorizo Breakfast Bake – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 9 ounces pork chorizo
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter, onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions are nice and caramelized, about 20 minutes
- Add the chorizo and mushrooms to the pan and sauté until the chorizo is cooked all the way through and the mushrooms are tender.
- Drain the excess grease from the pan. Reduce heat to low and mix in cream cheese until well combined.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and fork whisk.
- Mix in cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put the chorizo mixture in the bottom of an 8×8 casserole dish.
- Pour the egg/cheese mixture over top.
- Mix just slightly until some of the chorizo shows through the egg layer.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and green onions, if using.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 23 g fat; 4.9 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments