“I modified Beatrice’s Excellent Oatmeal cookies very slightly. I came up with something that my boyfriend went CRAZY over! I’ve never seen him enjoy cookies to that extent! He said I blew his mother’s recipe away.” Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 145 calories; 8.1 g fat; 17.2 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 20 mg cholesterol; 107 mg sodium.
Recipe by: PANTHERA, Photo Credit: Lernestorod (pixabay)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.