Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo
/ tags alfredo, chicken, dinner, fettuccini, recipes
“This is a family favorite. A creamy, cheesy Alfredo dish, great with a salad and garlic bread.” Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into cubes
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound fettuccini pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 cloves garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet.
- Saute onion, 2 cloves garlic, and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream.
- Serve over cooked fettuccini.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 673 calories; 30.8 g fat; 57 g carbohydrates; 43.3 g protein; 133 mg cholesterol; 1386 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Emily, Photo Credit: Daniel (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments