“A delicious, classic chicken dish — lightly coated chicken breasts braised with Marsala wine and mushrooms. Easy and ideal for both a quick weeknight entree AND serving to company.” Chicken Marsala – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat.
- Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown.
- Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms.
- Pour in wine and sherry.
- Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 448 calories; 26.6 g fat; 13.3 g carbohydrates; 28.8 g protein; 99 mg cholesterol; 543 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Lisa, Photo Credit: Canola Info (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments