Chicken Noodle Soup
“This soul-warming soup is deliciously simple — just chicken and noodles. What makes it so good is the homemade roasted chicken stock.” Chef John’s Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons melted chicken fat
- 2 quarts roasted chicken broth
- 4 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cooked boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Stir in carrot, onion, celery, salt, and fresh thyme.
- Stir in chicken fat; cook and stir until the onions turn soft and translucent, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in roasted chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Season to taste with salt, if necessary; stir in egg noodles and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked chicken breast meat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 149 calories; 6.7 g fat; 11.8 g carbohydrates; 9.5 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 1000 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Chef John, Photo Credit: Giustina Miller (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments