“This is my version of a Chinese classic, Cold Ginger Chicken. I like to serve this with steamed jasmine rice and Japanese-style marinated cucumbers. It makes for a pretty presentation when sliced on bias and served with the bright green, fresh sauce drizzled all over it.” Chicken with Ginger Pesto – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Pour the white wine into a saucepan of lightly salted water, and place the chicken breasts into the pan. Bring the pan to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer the chicken until cooked through and white, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, and let the chicken cool in the broth. Remove from the broth, and set the chicken aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, and stir in the ginger, garlic, salt, and sugar. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is browned and soft, and the oil is flavored, about 20 minutes. Stir in the green onions, and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the white parts of the onions are soft.
- Slice the poached chicken breasts on the bias into slices about 1 inch wide, and arrange attractively on a plate. Spoon the green onion mixture over the chicken breasts, and serve.
Per Serving: 201 calories; 9.2 g fat; 3.5 g carbohydrates; 22.6 g protein; 59 mg cholesterol; 926 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Kelly Joy, Photo Credit: jeffreyw (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.