Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
“Chocolate and zucchini cupcakes with nuts – what could be better? Use pecans in place of walnuts if you like.” Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sugar for about 10 minutes or until thickened and pale.
- Blend oil and cooled chocolate into the beaten egg mixture.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir flour mixture into egg mixture until just blended.
- Stir in zucchini and chopped nuts.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, spoon batter into 24 paper-lined or greased muffin cups, filling the cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fork or toothpick inserted in a cupcake’s center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; let cool completely.
- Spread with chocolate frosting and garnish with walnut or pecan halves.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 316 calories; 18.3 g fat; 37.8 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 171 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Jen, Photo Credit: Ulrikes Fotografie (pixabay)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments