“I wanted a frosting for a coconut layer cake that stood up to a stronger flavor without overpowering it and without being too sweet. If frosting a layer cake, I recommend spreading melted apricot preserves over the center layer, along with some frosting.” Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
- Beat the cream cheese and butter in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, one cup at a time, alternating with heavy cream. Beat in the salt, coconut flavoring, and vanilla extract. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and spreadable. Add additional confectioners’ sugar if necessary to thicken the frosting, or more cream to thin. Stir in the coconut. If desired, spoon toasted coconut evenly over frosted cake.
Per Serving: 209 calories; 10.6 g fat; 28.2 g carbohydrates; 1.1 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 109 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Lilster, Photo Credit: Free-Photos (pixabay)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.