Creme Brulee French Toast
“Very rich French toast – can be made ahead of time.” Creme Brulee French Toast – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 6 (1-inch thick) slices French bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brandy-based orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier®)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in brown sugar and corn syrup, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Remove crusts from bread, and arrange in the baking dish in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla extract, orange brandy, and salt.
- Pour over the bread. Cover, and chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove the dish from the refrigerator, and bring to room temperature.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffed and lightly browned.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 510 calories; 26.9 g fat; 58.7 g carbohydrates; 10.2 g protein; 218 mg cholesterol; 359 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Sandipants, Photo Credit: Samalegre (pixabay)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.