Curried Carrot Soup
“Quick, easy, and light. Plus it’s the only way to get my niece to eat carrots.” Curried Carrot Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water, or as needed
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute onion until tender and translucent.
- Stir in the curry powder.
- Add the chopped carrots, and stir until the carrots are coated.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, and simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the carrots and broth to a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot, and thin with water to your preferred consistency.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 133 calories; 5.4 g fat; 20.2 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 415 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Doug Matthews, Photo Credit: Vincci (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments