“There are many, fancy variations on this basic recipe. This recipe works with many types of bread – white, whole wheat, cinnamon-raisin, Italian or French. Serve hot with butter or margarine and maple syrup.” French Toast I – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- salt to taste
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides.
- Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden.
- Serve hot.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 240 calories; 6.4 g fat; 33.6 g carbohydrates; 10.6 g protein; 128 mg cholesterol; 478 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Jan Bittner, Photo Credit: StockSnap (pixabay)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.