“Creamy custard. Dreamy gingerbread. Put the two together, and you have a keto dessert that brings a well-spiced finish to your evening. So indulgent, yet amazingly on-plan.” Gingerbread Creme Brulee – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp erythritol
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ clementine (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- Separate the eggs by cracking them and placing whites and yolks in separate bowls. This recipe only calls for yolks, so cover the egg white bowl with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for another recipe.
- Add cream to a saucepan and bring to a boil along with the spices, vanilla extract and sweetener.
- Add the warm cream mixture into the egg yolks, a little at a time, while whisking.
- Pour into oven-proof ramekins or small pyrex bowls nestled in a larger baking dish with sides.
- Add water to the larger dish until it’s about halfway up the ramekins. The water makes the cream cook gently and evenly for a creamy and smooth result.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from the baking dish and let cool.
- You can enjoy this dessert either lukewarm or cold, preferably with a clementine segment on top.
- In this recipe we’ve used pumpkin pie spice. If you can’t find it, you can make your own by using this recipe or by mixing equal amounts of ginger, cinnamon and ground cloves.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 28 g fat; 3 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.