Instant Pot Mexican Chicken Fajita Soup
“This cozy Instant Pot Mexican Chicken Fajita Soup is totally comforting and totally craveworthy. It’s packed full of flavor, protein and healthy fats and it only takes a few minutes to throw into the Instant Pot.” Instant Pot Mexican Chicken Fajita Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee (28 g/ 1 oz)
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced (35 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (6 g/ 0.2 oz)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes & chilies or canned tomatoes (285 g/ 10 oz)
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless (450 g/ 1 lb)
- 1 cup chicken broth (240 ml/ 8 fl oz)
- 2/3 cup + 1 tbsp cream cheese (170 g/ 6 oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 4 tbsp sour cream (48 g/ 1.7 oz)
- fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (14 g/ 0.5 oz)
- lime wedges
- Place the butter in the Instant Pot and turn it to Sauté.
- Once hot add in the onion, pepper, garlic, and taco seasoning.
- Sauté until fragrant and slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, canned tomatoes and broth to the pot, cover and turn to sealing.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual high for 13 minutes.
- After 13 minutes, manually release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken and shred, add the cream cheese and heavy cream to the soup and stir until creamy.
- Add the chicken back in then divide between 4 bowls, top with desired toppings and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 476 calories; 35.9 g fat; 7.6 g carbohydrates; 31.8 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: foodfotus
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.