“Buñuelos are the Latin donut for all intents and purposes. We’ve combined techniques and flavors for a buñuelo experience that is keto yet still decadent!” Keto Buñuelos – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 1 cup fine ground almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup erythritol
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Add the oil to a 9-10 inch (25 cm) skillet, and heat over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, psyllium husk, salt, nutmeg, baking soda and erythritol.
- Add in the feta and use your hands to break it down and crumble it into the dry mix.
- Add in the cream cheese and the eggs and fold them in until fully combined.
- Insert a wooden spoon into the oil, when it sizzles, it’s hot enough.
- Shape 8 or more 2-inch (5 cm) balls with the mix. Drop one at a time in the hot oil. We cooked 4-6 at a time as they will swell when frying and you don’t want to crowd the skillet.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until browned then use a slotted spoon to turn them over and fry another 2 minutes.
- Remove the buñuelos from the oil and set on a wire rack to cool while you fry the rest of the batter.
- You can decorate with confectioner’s erythritol if you like.
- Enjoy right away!
- Instead of cream cheese you can use queso fresco or ricotta salata. You can also use flax seed meal instead of the psyllium husk.
Per Serving: 595 calories; 72 g fat; 2 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein.
Recipe by: Cristina Curp, Photo Credit: Cristina Curp
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.