“A delicious, low-calorie, keto version of the traditional Portuguese soup! Just replace the potatoes with turnips and linguica with chorizo.” Keto Caldo Verde with Chorizo – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- olive oil cooking spray (such as PAM®)
- 1/4 pound chorizo sausage, chopped
- 8 cups homemade chicken stock
- 6 medium turnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 bay leaves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds kale, thick stems removed, leaves finely chopped
- Spray a heavy-bottomed 4-quart pot with cooking spray. Add chorizo and cook, stirring frequently, until fat is released and chorizo is crispy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pot using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock into the pot and scrape any browned bits on the bottom.
- Add remaining stock, turnips, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until turnips are soft, about 15 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Stir kale into the soup. Cover pot and cook over low heat, about 15 minutes.
- Ladle into bowl and top with cooked chorizo.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 9.3 g fat; 25.4 g carbohydrates; 11.6 g protein; 18 mg cholesterol; 1321 mg sodium.
Recipe by: kitchgirl, Photo Credit: Maro Riofrancos (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.