Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
“These Keto Chocolate Cupcakes are a simple, low carb, sweet treat that are so easy to make and loaded with rich chocolatey flavor.” Keto Chocolate Cupcakes – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 2¼ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large pasture-raised eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup liquid monkfruit syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil, grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder or instant coffee
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, cacao powder and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the monkfruit syrup (honey or maple syrup) melted butter or coconut oil and whisk to combine. Stir in the almond-flour mixture, then carefully fold in any add-ins you are including.
- Divide all of the the very dense batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the muffin pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Gently pop the muffins out and cool 10 minutes more on the rack. (Don’t cool them longer than 5 minutes in the hot pan or they’ll get soggy).
- In a small bowl, stir together hot water and espresso until coffee dissolves. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, whip cream until it forms stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and sweetener together until creamy. Add coffee mixture and beat until combined. With a rubber spatula, fold in whipped cream carefully until well combined.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes with a knife or offset spatula, or pipe on with a decorating bag.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 268 calories; 22.6 g fat; 6.5 g carbohydrates; 6.1 g protein.
Recipe by: David R., Photo Credit: Elena Demyanko
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments