“These Keto chocolate cupcakes have a moist coconut flour base and are topped with a dreamy-creamy chocolate frosting. They are gluten free, low carb and perfect for diabetics.” Keto Chocolate Cupcakes – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 7 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules (optional, enhances chocolate flavour)
- 7 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (more if your batter is too thick)
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder or instant coffee
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, cocoa powder, and espresso powder.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Then add the coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder and salt and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the almond milk. If that batter is still very thick, beat in more almond milk 1 tbsp at a time until it thins out a bit (batter will still be thick, but should be of scoopable consistency. It will not be pourable).
- Divide batter among prepared muffin tins and bake in center of oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Cupcakes are done when the top is set and a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together hot water and espresso until coffee dissolves. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, whip cream until it forms stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and sweetener together until creamy. Add coffee mixture and beat until combined. With a rubber spatula, fold in whipped cream carefully until well combined.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes with a knife or offset spatula, or pipe on with a decorating bag.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 268 calories; 22.6 g fat; 6.5 g carbohydrates; 6.1 g protein.
Recipe by: David R., Photo Credit: Jared G. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.