“A heavenly Keto Chocolate Mousse Cake. This is the low carb dessert that will blow the skeptics’ minds! ” Keto Gooey Butter Cake – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 150 g salted butter
- 70 g sweetener
- 5 eggs separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 140 g almond meal
- Preheat oven to 200℃.
- Grease and line a 22cm cake pan.
- Melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, then set aside to cool.
- Beat butter and sweetener in a bowl until thick and pale, then add egg yolks, one at a time and beating well after each addition.
- Add the melted chocolate, vanilla and almond meal and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks are
- formed, and then fold into cake mixture. Spoon the mixture into the cake pan, then bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 170℃, then bake for another 7-10 minutes.
- Take out and cool on a baking tray.
- Top with Chocolate Mousse and refrigerate to set.
- Insert butterfly and whisk egg whites 3 minutes / speed 3.5 or until stiff peaks form. Scrape into a bowl to reserve.
- Add butter and sweetener to bowl and mix 3 minutes / speed 3.
- While it is mixing remove MC and add egg yolks one at a time, beating for 10 seconds between.
- Add the the melted chocolate, vanilla and almond meal, and mix for a further 1 minute / speed 3 until well blended.
- Fold into egg whites and follow cooking instructions as above.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- So delicious! For a bit of a change add some orange essential oil for a tasty jaffa version
Per Serving: 193 calories; 17.9 g fat; 5.9 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein.
Recipe by: Paul K., Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.