Keto Gingerbread Christmas Cookies
/ tags christmas, cookies, gingerbread, keto
“Keto Gingerbread is a favourite dessert around Christmas time. These cookies taste pretty much like the real things, except gluten free!” Keto Gingerbread Christmas Cookies – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 100 g Butter Melted
- 80 g Sukrin Gold Normal erythritol will also work
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 100 g Almond Flour
- 1 Tbs[ baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum, or gelatine
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Egg Yolk (Freeze the egg white for later)
- n a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, Sukrin gold and 1 whole egg.
- Mix until well combined and slightly glossy.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients (coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and all spices).
- Mix until uniform in colour. Add in your egg yolk, and lightly combine.
- Pour your butter mixture into the dry ingredients, and combine together with a spatular. Don’t worry if the mixture still looks to wet.
- Pour the entire mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap, and wrap tightly and keep in the fridge for 1 hour. (this is to help the coconut flour absorb liquid)
- Preheat your oven to 170C (335 F).
- Take the gingerbread mixture out of the fridge, place between two sheets of plastic wrap and roll out until around 5mm thickness.
- Cut with your favourite cookie cutter, and place onto a baking sheet lined with partchment paper for 10-12 minutes in the oven.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool area.
- The actual gingerbread mixture will feel light and fluffy to the touch, and may not come off the plastic wrap easily. What I did was, using a spoon, part the mixture around the outside of the cookie cutter shape away from the cutout cookies, then place a silicone baking mat on top, wrap the bottom of the plastic wrap around the sides of the silicone baking mat and flip. Remove the plastic wrap, and you don’t have any mess or broken gingerbread men to clean up!
Per Serving: 83 calories; 8 g fat; 1.5 g carbohydrates; 1.8 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments