“These are high in fat but you could probably substitute water for cream if you wanted to cut the calories down a little.” Keto Low-Carb Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/3 cup low-calorie natural sweetener (such as Swerve®)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix sweetener, almond flour, coconut flour, poppy seeds, lemon zest, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in butter, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Add sweetener mixture. Stir in cream slowly until batter is thick and smooth. Pour into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Xanthan gum helps improve texture but is not vital to the recipe.
- You will need 1 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream depending on the size of the eggs used.
- Coconut oil can be substituted for the butter if desired.
Per Serving: 116 calories; 10.7 g fat; 10 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 88 mg cholesterol; 240 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Nicki Morganti, Photo Credit: Little Spice Jar (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.