“Wrapping these dogs up in cheesy goodness makes dinner tasty and whimsical. Bonus: These bundles of frightening fun are keto too.” Keto Mummy Dogs – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 22⁄3 oz. butter
- 1½ cups shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 lb sausages in links, of good quality (preferably shaped like hot dogs)
- 1 egg, for brushing the dough
- 16 cloves, for the mummies eyes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and cheese in a pan on low heat.
- Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon, for a smooth and flexible batter. It will take a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Crack the egg and stir. Add the flour mixture and mix together into a firm dough.
- Flatten into a rectangle, about 8×14 inches (20×35 cm).
- Cut into 8 long strips, less than an inch wide (1.5–2 cm).
- Wrap the dough strips around the hot dog and brush with a whisked egg.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15–20 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
- The hot dog will be done by then too.
- Push two cloves into each hot dog to make them look like eyes – but only for decoration. Don’t eat the cloves!
- Using larger hot dogs? Pre-fry them for a couple of minutes before wrapping them up in the cheese dough and baking.
Per Serving: 764 calories; 68 g fat; 7 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia, Photo Credit: Emma Shevtzoff
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.