Keto Red Velvet Cake
“An easy to make gluten free and sugar free red velvet cake that’s made from scratch. It’s made with low carb flours and topped with a keto friendly cream cheese frosting.” Keto Red Velvet Cake – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup low carb sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt can be omitted if desired
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- red food coloring optional for red color
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup powdered low carb sweetener or other one for one substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease 9-inch round cake pan with shortening and dust with cocoa.
- Beat low carb sweetener into butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt).
- Beat in half the dry mixture into wet mixture.
- Then beat in half the sour cream (or yogurt), then the rest of the dry mixture, and then the rest of the sour cream.
- Mix in red food coloring (you will need quite a bit for a red color, 1/4 teaspoon of gel food dye works well).
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 min.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- To make frosting, beat together cream cheese and butter until well combined.
- Beat in sweetener until fluffy. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Spread frosting evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle on finely chopped pecans if desired for garnish.
- Makes 3 single layer cake (12 slices).
- Original recipe called for Carbquik which isn’t gluten-free. If desired, 1/3 cup Carbquik can be used in place of the almond flour along with reducing baking powder to only 1/2 teaspoon.
- The original recipe also called for about twice the sweetener so feel free to adjust the sweetener based on personal preference.
- Beet powder is a natural red food dye that can be used in the cake. However, the carbs will need to be accounted for. I prefer to leave the dye out as it’s only for looks and isn’t essential to the recipe.
Per Serving: 194 calories; 17.7 g fat; 4.5 g carbohydrates; 4.9 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.