“Simple. Gorgeous. Creamy. Picture if you will, a bright saffron laden pannacotta that will amaze your friends and family. Look no further, here’s the saffron-tastic keto dessert of your dreams!” Keto Saffron Pannacotta – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- ½ tbsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds (optional)
- 12 physalis or fresh raspberries (optional)
- Mix gelatin with a small amount of water (follow instructions for your chosen brand, usually 1 tablespoon water for every 1 tsp gelatin) and set aside to bloom.
- Bring cream, vanilla, saffron and optional honey to a light boil in a sauce pan.
- Lower the heat and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove top and add the gelatin.
- Stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour the mix into 6 glasses or ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Toast the almonds in a dry, hot frying pan for a few minutes and add on top of the pannacotta with physalis or other berries and serve.
- You can vary the flavoring of this pannacotta in a number of ways. Try adding more vanilla for a plain but intense vanilla flavor. You can also use licorice powder, lemon or orange zest, cocoa powder or coffee granules dissolved in a few drops of hot water. Always add a pinch of vanilla when experimenting with other flavors, it enhances the natural sweetness of the cream. Also, a touch of sea salt would be amazing with this dessert!
Per Serving: 271 calories; 29 g fat; 2 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia, Photo Credit: Emma Shevtzoff
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.