Keto Steak with Blue Cheese Sauce
“This is a very versatile keto-friendly blue cheese sauce that is delicious over filet mignon or other steak, but can also be used over pasta, chicken, etc…” Keto Steak with Blue Cheese Sauce – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 18 ounces filet mignon, cut into thin steaks
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded onion
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 1/4 ounces blue cheese, cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Season filet mignon steaks with salt and pepper. Cook steaks in the hot pan until beginning to firm and hot and slightly pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side for medium. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Set aside.
- Mix olive oil and butter in a pan over medium heat and allow butter to melt; add onion. Cook and stir until softened and browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add heavy cream, blue cheese, onion, garlic, nutmeg, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir until cheese melts completely, 3 to 5 minutes more. Add a little water to thin if necessary. Pour sauce over the steaks.
Per Serving: 646 calories; 49.1 g fat; 4.2 g carbohydrates; 45.8 g protein; 218 mg cholesterol; 677 mg sodium.
Recipe by: vmohrbell, Photo Credit: Greece Lover (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.