“Lentil soup flavored with sausage. Serve with Romano cheese sprinkled on top of each serving bowl.” Lentil and Sausage Soup – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 8 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound ditalini pasta (optional)
- Place sausage in a large pot.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Add onion, celery and chopped garlic, and saute until tender and translucent.
- Stir in lentils, carrot, water, chicken broth and tomatoes.
- Season with garlic powder, parsley, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover, and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in pasta, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 353 calories; 8 g fat; 50.2 g carbohydrates; 18.9 g protein; 17 mg cholesterol; 1008 mg sodium.
Recipe by: ANGCHICK, Photo Credit: chichacha (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.