Low Carb Caprese Hasselback Chicken
/ tags caprese, chicken, hasselback, low-carb
“Made with fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and balsamic vinegar, this tasty Low Carb Caprese Hasselback Chicken comes together in minutes for a quick weeknight meal.” Low Carb Caprese Hasselback Chicken – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 4 large chicken breasts, (6 ounces each)
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, the kind that comes in a log
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, divided (half of it cut into ribbons)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Make 5-6 deep slits in each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. Season both sides with sea salt and black pepper. Place onto the lined baking sheet.
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella very thinly, about 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick, and cut the pieces to a width slightly wider than the thickness of your chicken breast. Stuff a piece of mozzarella, a tomato slice, and a whole basil leaf into each slit in the chicken.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through (heated to 160 degrees F with a meat thermometer).
- When the chicken is ready, sprinkle remaining fresh basil ribbons on top right before serving. If desired, drizzle with additional balsamic vinegar.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 21 g fat; 4 g carbohydrates; 39 g protein.
Recipe by: Kim, Photo Credit: Low Carb Maven
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments