Low Carb Chocolate Sesame Cookies
“If you like cookies and brownies, this low carb chocolate sesame cookies recipe is for you. I’ve never had a cookie quite like them.” Low Carb Chocolate Sesame Cookies – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/4 cup (2 oz/57 g) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons (2 oz/57 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, cold
- 1/3 cup 70 g) Sukrin 1 (or Swerve Granulated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 3/4 cup (75 g) Almond flour
- 1/3 cup (30 g) Sukrin Sesame Flour (or 1/4 cup coconut flour)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 ounces (57 g) dark chocolate such as Lily’s Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter
- 1 teaspoons (10 ml) sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer. Add the sweetener and salt, creaming until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla and stevia glycerite, beating again until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, blend all of the dry ingredients together with a large wire whisk to break up any lumps and to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the medium bowl and mix until a completely incorporated.
- Scrape the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper, into the rough shape of a log. Fold the waxed paper over the dough and shape into a cylinder. A long skinny cylinder will produce many smaller cookies and a thicker cylinder, less. (Alternately, roll into balls. See directions in the photo description below the recipe.) Refrigerate 6 hours or several days. It can even be frozen until needed. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 and place the rack into the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Slice the cookie dough into 16 even cookies and place onto the parchment. They won’t spread, so if you want to flatten them out, use a small piece of waxed paper and a flat bottomed glass to do so. Bake 15-20 minutes depending on your oven. Enjoy when completely cool.
- Place the heavy cream, butter and chocolate (chopped or chips) into a microwaveable bowl and heat at 30 second intervals until melted. Blend completely with a small whisk. Scrape the chocolate into a small zip-loc bag and snip off a tiny piece of the corner. Squeeze the chocolate over the cookies in a pleasing pattern. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Per Serving: 102 calories; 9 g fat; 3 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Alice P. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.