“A lusciously moist Low Carb Chocolate Walnut Cake made with almond flour and ground walnuts. It’s the perfect flourless cake for those who need a gluten-free dessert. The simple addition of a chocolate ganache glaze, transforms it into a stunning dessert.” Low Carb Chocolate Walnut Cake – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour (fluff up with whisk before measuring)
- 3 ounces walnuts
- 1/2 cup Sukrin :1 (or Swerve Granulated)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (fluff up with whisk before measuring)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (sift then measure)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup walnut oil (or melted butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or full-fat coconut milk, or heavy cream)
- 2 oz Ghiradelli Intense Dark Chocolate 86% (or any high percentage chocolate)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons room temperature butter (or coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and position rack to the middle of the oven. Trace the bottom of an 8 x 2 inch cake pan on a sheet of waxed paper or parchment. Cut out the circle. Spray the cake pan with baking spray and line the bottom of the pan with the parchment circle. Weigh walnuts and process in a food processor with the sweetener until a finely ground.
- Measure the dry cake ingredients (including the ground walnuts) in a medium bowl and stir thoroughly with a large whisk to combine. In another bowl, add the wet ingredients and beat with a hand mixer. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until all of the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the cake pan and gently tap it on the counter 2-3 times to dislodge any big air bubbles. Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the cake still sounds moist when gently pressed with your finger and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Do not over bake!
- Remove the Chocolate Walnut Cake from the oven and cover with a clean tea towel. Let the cake cool completely. Then wrap in plastic wrap until ready to top with ganache. Make sure the cake is at room temperature before topping with the ganache.
- Finely chop the chocolate and place it in a small microwaveable bowl with the heavy cream and butter. Cover with waxed paper and microwave for 30 seconds. Let stand for 1 minute, then gently whisk to combine. The ganache should be thick and glossy. Use right away.
- Pour the chocolate ganache into the middle of the cake and spread with a spatula or knife, encouraging it to drip over the side. Decorate with optional walnut halves or walnut pieces if you wish, while the ganache is still soft. Cut and serve after the ganache has hardened (it will still be fairly soft but not runny).
- Store in the refrigerator or on the counter. If refrigerated, let it come to room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying.
- Serves 12.
- Walnut oil is a pricey item. Get a good quality oil that is in a dark bottle. It will last a few years in the refrigerator. It’s good in salad dressings and baked goods. I have had mine for 3 years and it’s still delicious.
Per Serving: 264 calories; 23 g fat; 9.8 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.