Low Carb Fudge Brownie Lava Parfaits
“Fudge Brownie Lava Parfaits are insanely chocolaty, magical goodness that is paleo, and gluten free with a low carb version.” Low Carb Fudge Brownie Lava Parfaits – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 ½ cups canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Sweetener of choice: ⅓ cup coconut sugar or for low carb use ⅓ cup erythritol or other low carb sweetener equivalent
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp GF vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unflavored unsweetened gelatin (1 envelope)
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 6 tbsp butter, or organic palm shortening
- 1 1/3 cup granular sweetener of choice or coconut sugar for primal.
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Whipped Heavy Cream or Coconut Cream sweetened to taste with sweetener of choice, low carb can use liquid stevia, or other low carb sweetener, paleo can use honey as sweetener.
- 2 tsp cocoa powder.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, or butter, melted
- Sweetener of choice: 2 tsp or to taste honey for paleo, or for low carb use 12 drops or more, to taste, liquid stevia
- Place 3 tbsp cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin over the water and whisk thoroughly with a small whisk or fork until all gelatin is dissolved and lump free. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine: 1 ½ cup coconut milk or heavy cream, 1 beaten egg yolk, 3 tbsp cocoa powder, ⅓ cup sweetener of choice, 2 tbsp coconut oil, and ½ tsp vanilla extract. Use a whisk to vigorously whisk all ingredients together while heating. Continuously whisk until very smooth and lump free.
- Turn heat down to simmer and spoon in all the gelatin water mixture. Whisk the gelatin in while simmering. Whisk thoroughly to make sure all gelatin in mixed in and lump free.
- Once completely smooth and combined, remove from heat and cool.
- Once cooled, pour into one large container, then cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until pudding is set.
- When pudding is almost set, Start the brownie making.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease or oil an 8×8 pan.
- In a small sauce pan over medium low heat, melt 3 ounces baking chocolate, and 6 tbsps butter. Stirring and melting until completely combined and melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: ⅓ cup coconut flour, 1 ⅓ cup sweetener of choice, 3 eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. mix until combined. Add melted chocolate & butter from the sauce pan. Stir in thoroughly.
- Spread the brownie mixture over the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out with some crumbs clinging to it. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes before cutting.
- While brownies are cooling, whip heavy cream or coconut cream and sweetener with a hand mixer or immersion blender until fluffy.
- Make chocolate syrup: In small saucepan over medium low heat, melt butter or oil and add the other ingredients and stir until mixed. Remove from heat. Cool a few minutes.
- Cut out 5 medium size brownies ( yay, there will be plenty leftover brownies), and chop them into small bite size chunks or squares.
- In 4 parfait dishes, or small mason jars, place a single layer of brownie chunks on the bottom.
- Take out the chocolate pudding and stir it a bit, then spoon about ¼ cup pudding on top of brownie layer, then add 3 tbsp whipped cream layered on top of it, then add a few more of the brownie chunks on top, then add a small dollop of whipped cream, and pour some chocolate sauce over the top.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 425 calories; 38 g fat; 9.4 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein.
Recipe by: David R., Photo Credit: Brent Hofacker
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.