Low Carb Lemon Bars
“A luscious low carb lemon bars recipe that is very close to the real thing. These yummy treats have a crust made with a low carb baking mix.” Low Carb Lemon Bars – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup low carb sweetener
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum optional, just helps hold it together better
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered low carb sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin about half packet
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Blend crust ingredients using a pastry cutter.
- Press crust into a 8 x 8-inch baking pan spayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Beat the ingredients for the filling for about a minute then pour evenly over the baked crust.
- Return to oven and bake again for about 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Let cool at room temperature, cut into 16 even squares.
- Keep cool in the refrigerator.
- Carbquik can be used in place of the coconut flour if desired.
- Net carb per square: about 0.9 g
Per Serving: 71 calories; 6 g fat; 2 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
View all comments