“A simple low carb lemon custard pie with meringue that’s dairy-free, nut-free, and gluten-free. It’s perfect for a special treat any time there’s a craving for something a little sweet.” Low Carb Lemon Custard Pie – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 coconut flour pie crust unbaked
- 1 cup coconut milk canned
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon monk fruit drops or 1/2 cup sweetener plus 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 large eggs separated
- 1 teaspoon glucomannan powder or 2-3 teaspoons of xanthan or guar gum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup low carb sweetener
- Bake pie crust at 400°F for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, blend coconut milk, lemon juice, lemon monk fruit, 3 egg yolks, and glucomannon with electric mixer.
- Spread filling into baked pie crust.
- Shield edges with foil or a pie shield.
- In a clean mixing bowl with clean beater, whip the 3 egg whites with the vanilla extract and cream of tartar at medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add the low carb granular sweetener a little at a time on high speed until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Spread over lemon filling and make several peaks with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Cool on rack before refrigerating.
Per Serving: 165 calories; 14 g fat; 7.9 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Michael L. (Flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.