Low Carb Mock Snickers Bar
“Chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel. I’ve never heard anyone in my life say they don’t like that combination, even people with nut allergies!” Low Carb Mock Snickers Bar – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup butter, chilled
- ¼ cup granulated stevia
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 15 drops liquid stevia
- ½ cup granulated Stevia
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 ½ ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons powdered Stevia
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine almond flour, butter, stevia, liquid sweetener, and xanthan gum in a food processor.
- Pulse until mixed into a fine crumby crust.
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8 inch baking pan
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden (make your filling and topping now)
- Set aside and let cool
- Combine the stevia with 1 tsp water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat
- Stir frequently until all the stevia has dissolved and the mixture bubbles, about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream
- Return to heat and boil for 1 minute
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth
- Pour over the cooled shortbread crust and spread evenly. Let cool completely.
- Melt butter, chocolate, and stevia in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir occasionally until it has smoothed out and is glossy
- Add the cocoa powder and stir until there are no lumps
- Add the liquid sweetener and vanilla extract. Stir.
- Pour the chocolate over the cooled peanut butter filling that’s spread on the shortbread.
- Let set at room temp for at least 1 hour. You can add to the fridge after this but it hardens.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 20.8 g fat; 3.6 g carbohydrates; 4.6 g protein; 78 mg cholesterol; 137 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Matthew J. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.