“Chocolatey. Coconut-tastic. Seed-a-rific. Oh, yes. We went there with this recipe. Dark chocolate with tons of nuts and seeds, makes a fantastic low-carb snack! Grab a piece to go, before heading out to greet the day!” Low Carb Salty Chocolate Treat – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 3½ oz. dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa solids
- 10 hazelnuts or pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp roasted unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- sea salt
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave oven in 20 second intervals.
- Bring out 10 small cupcake liners, no bigger than 2 inches in diameter.
- Add the chocolate to the cupcake liners.
- Add nuts, coconut chips, seeds and lastly a few salt flakes if you like the saltier flavor.
- Let cool and store in the refrigerator.
- If you don’t have cupcake liners, you can just pour the chocolate in a small baking dish with parchment paper, no bigger than 8 inches x 8 inches. Spread nuts and coconut flakes on top and when the chocolate has hardened, break up into nice uneven pieces. You can also add chili for flavor, and perhaps some dry berries if you’re not that sensitive to sugar.
- Also, you can mix and match the nuts for your own unique flavor profile!
Per Serving: 74 calories; 6 g fat; 4 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein.
Recipe by: Anne Aobadia, Photo Credit: Emma Shevtzoff
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.