Low Carb Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
“Moist and delicious low carb strawberry chocolate chip muffins prepared with fresh strawberries and sugar-free dark chocolate. They’re a great sugar-free keto breakfast option.” Low Carb Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Sukrin :1 (or Swerve Granulated)
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz strawberries, small dice
- 3 tbsp Lily’s Sugar-free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in the middle position. Line 6 standard muffin wells with paper liners. Dice the strawberries. Zest the lemon. Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Cream together the first five ingredients with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg and cream again.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients beating well, followed by another egg. Repeat. Make sure to keep a light mousse-like texture through out mixing. Add the last of the dry ingredients, followed by the heavy cream. Fold in 1/2 of the strawberries and 1/2 of the chocolate chips. The batter will be very thick.
- Spoon the batter into a zip-loc bag and cut a large hole in one of the corners. Squeeze the batter into each liner, mounding in the center. Alternately, use a muffin scoop. Sprinkle erythritol on the top of the muffins to prevent browning. Arrange the remaining strawberries and chocolate chips on top.
- Place the muffin tin into the middle of the oven and turn the oven up to 400 for 6 minutes. Turn the oven back down to 350 and bake for 12-18 minutes more. The tops should be firm to the touch but still sound a little moist. Cool completely on a wire rack. Keep in the refrigerator and warm gently before enjoying. 4 net carbs each.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 24 g fat; 7.9 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.