Low Carb Sweet & Sour Chicken
“Fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, general tso’s, chow mein. Everything I can’t have on a ketogenic diet. If you’re missing the fried rice, don’t fret – you can make an accompanying Cauliflower Fried Rice!” Low Carb Sweet & Sour Chicken – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 5-6 Small Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 1 Cup Crushed Pork Rinds
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Erythritol
- 1/2 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. Reduced Sugar Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Cut chicken into cubes. Combine all the coating ingredients in a food processor and then coat the chicken by dipping into egg and then into the pork rind crumbs.
- Cook chicken in batches in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Reduce sauce in a pan while chicken is cooking.
- Coat chicken with sauce and mix together.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Cube chicken breasts, cut off any excess bits.
- Crush pork rinds and add almond flour, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- 1 Bowl with beaten eggs, 1 bowl with pork rind mixture.
- Heat pan with 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil and 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil.
- Dip chicken cubes in egg mixture and then pork rind mixture.
- Fast fry chicken and transfer to baking pan, add more olive oil as needed.
- Mix sauce together and pour over chicken. Bake for 60 minutes, flipping the chicken every 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 467 calories; 32.1 g fat; 3.9 g carbohydrates; 49 g protein; 20 mg cholesterol; 106 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Robert Marley (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.